Alex Charmoz is an Emergency Medicine Doctor in Southern California. Finding yoga as a way to heal from an injury sustained while rock climbing, he has found guidance through the 8 limb path of Ashtanga Yoga. While not a certified yoga teacher, he finds space to introduce yoga into his daily life and work. The ability to connect with other human beings in a vulnerable state and work towards bettering their quality of life is a direct manifestation of Yogic philosophy. Approaching 3 years of eating a vegan diet, which he attributes to his lovely and compassionate wife Liliana, he has seen direct results in his physical and mental abilities, and the link between diet and disease. As he took a vow to "First do no harm" he has realized that this extends to all sentient beings as well as the environment. A vegan lifestyle is the key to bringing these concepts together and is the future of attaining a sustainable and healthy planet.
In this episode YIV's Holly Skodis and Alex Charmoz discuss:
- Ashtanga yoga & Alex's journey with teacher Stan Woodman (episode 2)
- Alex's vegan journey
- Alex's experience working as an ER doctor in a low-income area hospital.
- Eating Vegan on $1.50 a day
- Health benefits of eating a whole foods plant-based diet
- Alex's journey to yoga after a rock climbing injury
- Alex's Vegan Facts of Life PDF
Download Alex's Facts of Life PDF
Supporting online resources:
Connect with Alex: