Doug Evans is an early pioneer in the health food movement. After losing his mother to cancer and his father to heart disease and watching his brother suffer through diabetes and three strokes, he invested in and co-founded (with Denise Mari) Organic Avenue. Organic Avenue was the one the first organic cold-pressed juice and raw food retailer in the United States. He was the inventor and founder of Juicero, the first at-home cold-pressed juicing system. In a 3 year period, Doug led the company from conception to production launch and sold over 1 million Juicero Pack before it was composted.
Doug lives off the water grid and food grid on his land with private hot springs east of Joshua Tree, California at Wonder Valley Hot Springs where he created a sprout lab, wrote The Sprout Book, and has a daily practice of sitting, soaking and ashtanga primary series.
In this episode, Yoga Is Vegan's Holly Skodis and Doug Evans discuss the following:
- Sri Dharma Mittra (Podcast Episode 28)
- Yogi Gupta’s Lecture Yoga Food Concepts
- Recording Rich Roll's Podcast Episode 524
- Living on 50% of calories on sprouts
- The benefits of eating sprouts
- Sulforaphane found in cruciferous vegetables and it’s anti-cancer properties
- Broccoli sprouts and treating autism
- Increasing lung function and broccoli
- Organic Avenue
- Ashtanga yoga and practicing in Mysore India
Connect with Doug Evans:
Subscribe & Listen: