Dr. Sumeet Bahl is an Interventional Radiologist at the Brooklyn Hospital Center in Brooklyn, NY. He completed his internship in General Surgery at Rutgers University-New Jersey Medical School and his Radiology residency and Vascular and Interventional Radiology fellowship at the Mount Sinai Health System in New York City. He performs minimally invasive image-guided procedures for uterine fibroids, venous disease, kidney failure, pulmonary embolism, and cancer.
Dr. Bahl has 20+ years of meditation experience, including clinical research at the Emory Mind-Body Program under the Emory-Tibet partnership. His greatest passion is sharing the science and practicality of a daily meditation practice. He has led meditations on social media, at Yelp, Doonya fitness studio, and New York City hospitals. He combines his love of health and music as the physician representative for NYC Hip Hop is Green, promoting health and wellness in hip hop culture and beyond via a plant-based lifestyle. Dr. Bahl resides in Brooklyn with his wife and 7-month-old son. Find him on Instagram @sumeetbahlmd.
In this episode YIV's Holly Skodis and Dr. Sumeet Bahl discuss the following:
- Kriya Yoga & Kriya Yoga Meditation
- Mindfulness and the aum technique
- Isha Yoga
- Paramahansa Yogananda and his book The Autobiography of a Yogi
- Setting habits and Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Dr. Gabriel Cousens (Yoga Is Vegan Episode 15)
- What the Health Documentary
- Covid and the Phizer and Moderna Covid Vaccines
- Protein the work of Dr. Garth Davis. See his book Proteinaholic
Plantbased Clubhouse Room Yoga is Vegan! w/ Holly Skodis Sunday Feb 21, 1pm EST -
Yoga Goes Vegan All-Day Retreat Saturday March 20th. For tickets and info visit the Integral Yoga Institute
Connect with Dr. Sumeet Bahl: