Born in Israel, Talia, along with her family relocated to New York early in her life. Curious by both nature and nurture, Talia was brought up by soulful, caring parents. She was first introduced to yoga and meditation at age 6, when her mom integrated these practices into her lifestyle to beat lymphoma.
Love has always been the flame lighting the way.
Talia sees nothing as external to her studies: She has learned impeccable skill and technique from masters of ballet, yoga and art. Equally, she finds sensitivity, intuition and insight are to be found through stillness, silence and connection with the seemingly ordinary world around us and that ultimately no teacher is greater than the one within.
Talia has recently relocated to Tel Aviv where she lives with her husband Ezra and their son Akiva.
She is excited, humbled and honored to spread her love of yoga worldwide and is grateful for all her teachers and students.
Holly Skodis & Talia Sutra discuss in this episode:
- Julia Planine-Troiani (YIV podcast episode 22)
- Talia's first introduction to yoga with her mother.
- Dr. Will Tuttle (YIV podcast episode 7)
- Yoga To The People
- Dance and the relationship to the Self
- Asana and its role in the system of yoga
- Body image, eating disorders and how they have been changing in the past 10 years
- Sisterhood and the Divine feminine
- Tel Aviv and the vegan community
- Effective forms of activism & best practices
- Regenerative farming
- Raising children vegan
- Asana & bringing deep consciousness to the body
- Removing blocks in the body & using poses as a reflection of you.
- Alo Moves